Hepatitis C Virus RNA Test, Qualitative
Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
2,000+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
Outstanding customer service
110% price guarantee
Results in 1-3 days
About Our Hepatitis C Virus RNA Test, Qualitative
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This hepatitis C RNA test offers early detection and confirmation Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) in the blood. This blood test can be used to diagnose hepatitis C in an individual, or to tell an individual living with hepatitis C whether or not the virus is active or inactive.
Hepatitis C is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that mainly affects the liver. Hepatitis C is spread by contact with blood or bodily fluids from a person infected with the virus. There is not currently a vaccine/immunization for Hepatitis C.
Often there are no or few symptoms that arise with hepatitis C.
Symptoms that may occur with hepatitis C are:
- Jaundice (yellowing of the eyes, skin and darkening of urine)
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
Those at risk of getting hepatitis C are:
- Drug users who share needles/equipment
- Persons with HIV
- Babies who are born to mothers with hepatitis C
- Individuals who received blood/organs from donors before July of 1992
- Individuals born between 1945-1965
Avoid infection by:
- Not sharing needles/drug equipment
- Using condoms during sex
- Being cautious when getting tattoos or body piercings (be sure equipment has no one else's blood on it)
- Not sharing razors/razor blades