Hepatitis C Virus RNA Test, Qualitative
Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
Outstanding customer service
110% price guarantee
Results in 1-3 days
About Our Hepatitis C Virus RNA Test, Qualitative
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This hepatitis C RNA test offers early detection and confirmation Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) in the blood. This blood test can be used to diagnose hepatitis C in an individual, or to tell an individual living with hepatitis C whether or not the virus is active or inactive.
The recommended minimum window period for this hepatitis C RNA test method is:
- Hepatitis C RNA Test - 2 weeks post potential exposure.
Hepatitis C is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that mainly affects the liver. Hepatitis C is spread by contact with blood or bodily fluids from a person infected with the virus. There is not currently a vaccine/immunization for Hepatitis C, however treatment is available that may cure you of the infection.
Often there are no or few symptoms that arise with hepatitis C.
Symptoms that may occur with hepatitis C are:
- Jaundice (yellowing of the eyes, skin and darkening of urine)
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
Those at risk of getting hepatitis C are:
- Drug users who share needles/equipment
- Persons with HIV
- Babies who are born to mothers with hepatitis C
- Individuals who received blood/organs from donors before July of 1992
- Individuals born between 1945-1965
Avoid infection by:
- Not sharing needles/drug equipment
- Using condoms during sex
- Being cautious when getting tattoos or body piercings (be sure equipment has no one else's blood on it)
- Not sharing razors/razor blades
Check out our other STD Tests
Go back to see all our STD tests or here are some common ones: