Tobacco Leaf Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Tobacco Leaf Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE antibody allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to tobacco leaves (tobacco leaf).
Tobacco is a plant belonging to the Solanaceae family.
Allergy induced by inhalation of this plant is unusual, but it has been reported. Allergic reactions to the tobacco leaf are triggered by tobacco leaf’s specific immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibody overreacting in the body.
Those to determine if they are allergic to cigarettes should bear in mind that cigarettes contain many other things aside from tobacco, therefore, if an individual is found not to be allergic to the tobacco leaf but still experience symptoms when around cigarette smoke, they may be allergic to components such as the allergens found in the filters and paper.
Symptoms of being allergic to tobacco leaves may include:
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes
- Difficulty breathing
- Skin inflammation
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days