- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Ammonia Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This blood test is used to measure levels of ammonia to assess liver function. Symptoms of excess ammonia include constant fatigue/tiredness, confusion or hand tremors.
Ammonia levels are elevated in the following conditions:
- Liver Disease
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Reye Syndrome
- Inborn metabolism errors including deficiency of enzymes in the urea cycle
- HHH Syndrome (hyperammonemia-homocitrullinuria, hyperornithinemia)
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
- Sodium Valproate Therapy