Beta-Lactoglobulin Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Beta-Lactoglobulin Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE antibody allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to Beta Lactoglobulin.
Beta-lactoglobulin (b-lactoglobulin/BLG) is one of the major allergens in cow’s milk. It is one of the most common proteins in milk to cause allergic reactions, although most individuals are typically allergic to more than one milk protein. BLG is the most abundant protein in whey, accounting for 50 percent of total protein in the lactoserum fraction and approximately 10 percent of cow’s milk.
Luckily for those that are allergic to beta-lactoglobulin is that it is heat sensitive, meaning while they cannot have it cold, when it is cooked or baked the allergy is either not triggered or much more tolerable.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction to beta-lactoglobulin may be:
- Redness or hives
- Stomach discomfort
- Anaphylaxis (rare)
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days