Black Pepper Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Black Pepper Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE antibody allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to black pepper.
Black pepper is made from the unripened Piper nigrum bush as it begins to turn red. Black pepper, the dominant pepper from the bush, is a spice with an almost infinite amount of application. It is an ingredient in sauces, gravies, processed meats, poultry, and snack foods. This means it is quite difficult to avoid and can be highly problematic to those with severe allergies.
Those allergic to black pepper may find that they are also allergic to white and green peppercorns. This is due to the fact that green, black, and white peppercorns come from the same fruit (seed pod) but are just from different stages of growth and processing.1)
Symptoms of an allergic reaction to black pepper may include2):
- Rashes on the skin or hives
- Itching in the mouth
- Watery eyes
- Abdominal cramps
- Cough due to inhalation
- Anaphylaxis (rare severe life-threatening allergic reaction)
Traditional allergy tests utilize the Skin Prick method (also known as a Puncture or Scratch test) to determine whether an allergic reaction will occur by inserting possible triggers into your skin using a needle prick. If you are allergic to the substance, you are forced to suffer through your body's reaction to the allergen. HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- No painful skin pricks
- No fasting necessary
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days
Our quick blood test allows us to use your blood sample to test for allergic reactions externally, rather than causing unnecessary and painful reactions by introducing potential allergens to your system. Tests are administered in approximately 10 minutes or less at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations. No appointments, no paperwork and no waiting are all part of what makes HealthLabs.com the best option for pain-free and hassle-free allergy testing.
1) “Symptoms You May Be Allergic to Black Pepper” https://www.onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/symptoms-you-may-be-allergic-to-black-pepper/
2) “Can Spices Cause Allergic Reactions?” https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/allergy-library/spice-allergy