Blackberry Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Blackberry Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE antibody allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to Blackberry.
Blackberries are an edible fruit found mainly in the eastern North American and Pacific coasts. They are typically eaten raw as a healthy snack, they can be used as fillings in pastries and desserts, and they can be used in syrups, jams, and liqueurs.
Blackberries are a greats source of antioxidants, fiber,iron, folate, vitamins a, e, k, and c. They're closely related to raspberries, so if you believe you have a blackberry allergy, it may be best to test for a raspberry allergy.
Symptoms of a blackberry allergy include
- Wheezing or trouble breathing
- Nasal congestion
- Watery eyes
- Skin rash
- Abdominal distress
Blackberries contain naturally occurring chemicals called salicylates, which are chemically produced for use in certain products like aspirin and toothpaste. Therefore, if you're allergic to blackberries, we also suggest avoiding naturally and chemically produced salicylate. Foods to avoid that also contain high salicylate1:
- Beer, wine, coffee, tea, bubbly drinks
- Almonds, peanuts, avocados, mayo, olive oil
- Apples, berries, apricots, cherries, grapes, lemons, kiwi, pineapple, peaches, nectarines, pomegranates
- Broccoli, asparagus, cucumbers, aloe vera, tomatoes, sweet potato, zucchini
- Curry, coriander, nutmeg, vinegar, cloves
This is by no means an extensive list of all foods high salicylate. Additionally, simply being allergic to blackberries does not automatically mean that you are also allergic to all of the foods listed here.
At HealthLabs.com we offer fast, private, and affordable allergy testing. Our process is very simple:
- Order the test
- Go the lab
- Receive results in 1 to 2 business days
It's that simple!
With over 4,500 labs nationwide, it's easy to find a lab near you. And with same-day testing available, you'll be sure to receive results in a timely manner. Stop wondering; get the answers you need today!