Blueberry Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Blueberry Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This allergy test uses a blood sample to look for IgE antibodies to determine if you are allergic to blueberries.
Blueberries contain salicylates, which are natural-occurring chemicals in plants. This compound is what causes most allergic reactions to blueberries. Salicylates are found in other foods and products so if you are found to be allergic, consider staying away from products that contain salicylates.
They are usually eaten as a raw snack or in baked goods, jams, pancakes or salads. They can be dried and used like currants.
While fresh blueberries may have a slightly laxative effect upon the body, when dried they are astringent and commonly used in the treatment of diarrhea, cystitis, and similar ailments. The dried fruit is also antibacterial. (1)
The skin of the blueberries contains anthocyanin and is specific in the treatment of hemeralopia (day-blindness). These fruits are a rich source of anthocyanosides, which have been shown experimentally to dilate the blood vessels, making them a potentially valuable treatment for varicose veins, hemorrhoids, and capillary fragility.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction to blueberries may be:
- Hives, swelling, or redness
- Abdominal pain
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Difficulty breathing
- Drop-in blood pressure
- Anaphylaxis (rare life-threatening allergic reaction)
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days
- “Blueberry.” Thermo Scientific. http://www.phadia.com/en/Products/Allergy-testing-products/ImmunoCAP-Allergen-Information/Food-of-Plant-Origin/Fruits/Blueberry/