Casein Allergy Test
- Secure and Confidential Results
- Over 4,500 CLIA-Certified Labs U.S. Labs
- Most Results in 1-3 Days
- 110% Price Guarantee
About Our Casein Allergy Test
This IgE antibody allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to casein, a protein that makes up 80% of the proteins in cow's milk and up to 45% of the protein found in human milk.
Casein is found in the curds of milk after it curdles, not the liquid that is left in milk after curdling (whey). Casein is the main milk protein that is used to make cheese.
The allergy occurs when your body’s immune system comes into contact with the protein, and mistakenly thinks it is damaging and in return, ends up producing allergic (IgE) antibodies to protect the body. It is helpful to rule out casein if you suspect you have a dairy or milk allergy.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction to casein can include:
- Hives or red, itchy skin
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Itchy eyes
- Coughing or wheezing
- Swelling in the lips, mouth, tongue, face, or throat
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days