Catfish Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Catfish Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE antibody allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to catfish (Ictalurus punctatus), a commonly eaten fish.
Many people experience allergic reactions to catfish as adults, but this is not always the case. The allergic reaction can range from mild symptoms to life-threatening (anaphylaxis). For some, reactions can be triggered just by touching it, or even by being around it, while others may need to ingest it for a reaction to occur. Still, others can experience adverse symptoms by either touching or eating it. A catfish allergy may become severe and lead to the accelerated development of anaphylaxis.
If found to be allergic to catfish, it’s important to avoid the food and always read ingredient lists as some products unexpectedly use catfish in them.
Symptoms of a mild allergic reaction to catfish may include:
- Rashes on the skin
- Itching or tingles in mouth
- Hives or a skin rash
- Generalized itching
- Stuffy nose and sneezing
Symptoms of a severe life-threatening reaction (anaphylaxis) to catfish may include:
- Serious trouble breathing
- Indigestion and stomach pain
- Belching, bloating, or flatulence
- Nausea or vomiting
- Cardiac issues
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days