Clam Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Clam Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE antibody allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to clams.
Clams are a common shellfish that are cooked and used in cuisine around the world. They are often used in clam sauces for pasta, or steamed and eaten. Shellfish are one of the most common food allergies.
Allergic reactions to clams can be very severe and even life-threatening. If an individual has a shellfish allergy, keeping an epinephrine auto-injector, such as an EpiPen, is encouraged. These are capable of stopping an anaphylaxis (severe life-threatening allergic reaction) attack for an individual that has ingested clams.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction to clams may include:
- Hives or itchy red skin
- Eye irritation and tearing
- Runny nose
- Difficulty breathing
- Upset stomach
- Tingling in the mouth
- Swelling of the throat or asthma
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days