Estradiol Test, Ultrasensitive
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Estradiol Test, Ultrasensitive
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
The estradiol ultrasensitive test is used to measure ranges of the hormone estradiol in the blood that are lower than the levels of the standard estradiol test. Estradiol is a form of estrogen and in women, is mostly released from the ovaries and adrenal glands.
This test is recommended for when increased sensitivity to estradiol is expected and/or appropriate, as in situations with postmenopausal women, men, children and adolescents.
In women, estradiol plays a key role in:
- Growth of the uterus, vagina and Fallopian tubes
- Changes of the outer genitals
- Breast development
- Distribution of body fat
In men, small amounts of estradiol is released by the testes to prevent sperm from dying prematurely. Estradiol measurements may be useful in the evaluation of gynecomastia.