LH (Luteinizing Hormone) Test
Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
2,000+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
Outstanding customer service
110% price guarantee
Results in 1-3 days
About Our LH (Luteinizing Hormone) Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This test measures the amount of luteinizing hormone (LH) in the blood. Luteinizing hormone is a hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland.
LH helps regulate the menstrual cycle in women, and the production of testosterone in men.
High LH levels in women are found in:
- Women of childbearing age who are not ovulating
- Menopausal and postmenopausal women
- Women with Turner syndrome
- Ovarian hypofunction
High LH levels in men may be a sign of:
- Anorchia (testes that are no functioning, or are absent)
- Genetic problems like Klinefelter syndrome
- Overactive endocrine glands or tumor formation