LH (Luteinizing Hormone) Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our LH (Luteinizing Hormone) Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This test measures the amount of luteinizing hormone (LH) in the blood. Luteinizing hormone is a hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland in men and women.
LH helps regulate the menstrual cycle in women, and the production of testosterone in men.
High LH levels in women are found in:
- Women of childbearing age who are not ovulating
- Menopausal and postmenopausal women
- Women with Turner syndrome
- Ovarian hypofunction
High LH levels in men may be a sign of:
- Anorchia (testes that are not functioning or are absent)
- Genetic problems like Klinefelter syndrome
- Overactive endocrine glands or tumor formation