Mushroom Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Mushroom Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to mushrooms.
A mushroom allergy is triggered when the body mistakenly activates the immune system thinking the proteins found in mushrooms are dangerous. This creates an influx of histamine in the body, which is a hormone that helps to protect against infections and diseases. When this influx occurs, it causes blood vessels to dilate, increasing blood flow, increases mucus production, and can cause the lungs to constrict.
You may experience gastrointestinal symptoms after eating mushrooms if you are allergic. The lining of the intestines can become inflamed and swell from increased levels of histamine. For those allergic to mold, it is common that they’d also be allergic to mushrooms. A mushroom allergy is a serious medical condition that needs to be evaluated by your doctor.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction to mushrooms are:
- Shortness of breath
- Abdominal pain and bloating
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days