Oat Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Oat Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to oats.
The protein called avenin in oats is what causes allergic reactions in some people. Others may find that they are not, in fact, allergic or have an oat sensitivity, rather they may have a gluten sensitivity or celiac disease. This test is only looking for antibodies reacting to avenin, not gluten.
Oat allergies are not common but reactions can result in symptoms ranging from mild to severe. Some mild reactions can become chronic over time if you come into contact with them repeatedly.
These symptoms may be:
- Scratchy throat
- Itchy eyes
- Stomach pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Rash or skin irritation on and in the mouth
- Runny nose or nasal congestion
- Blotchy, irritated, itchy skin
- Anaphylaxis (life-threatening reaction)
If you ever experience symptoms of anaphylaxis, you should seek a doctor immediately or call 911, as these can be life-threatening reactions.
Symptoms of anaphylaxis may be:
- Weak, rapid pulse
- Hives or itchy skin
- Drop in blood pressure
- Swollen tongue or throat
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days