Order Your Test
Online or by phone, no doctors referral required
Visit A Local Lab
Get tested locally at one of our 4,500+ labs
Get Your Results
Receive your lab results within 1-3 business days!
Ova and Parasite Urine Test
- Secure and Confidential Results
- Over 4,500 CLIA-Certified Labs U.S. Labs
- Most Results in 1-3 Days
- 110% Price Guarantee
About Our Ova and Parasite Urine Test
Getting a Urine Ova and Parasite (O&P) test is important in specific situations where there is suspicion or concern about an intestinal infection. Here are a few reasons why you might consider getting an O&P test:
- Diagnosing Intestinal Infections: The primary reason for an O&P test is to diagnose intestinal infections caused by parasites. These parasites can include various species such as Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Entamoeba histolytica, and helminths (worms) like roundworms, tapeworms, and hookworms. Symptoms of intestinal infections can range from mild gastrointestinal discomfort to severe diarrhea, abdominal pain, and malnutrition. An O&P test helps identify the presence of these parasites in your stool and provides a definitive diagnosis.
- Travel or Exposure to Unsanitary Conditions: If you have traveled to regions where parasitic infections are more common or if you have been exposed to unsanitary conditions, an O&P test can help determine if you have contracted any intestinal parasites. Some parasites are more prevalent in certain geographical areas, so it is important to consider your travel history when evaluating the need for testing.
- Unexplained Gastrointestinal Symptoms: If you have persistent gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea, abdominal pain, bloating, or unexplained weight loss, an O&P test can help identify if a parasitic infection is the underlying cause. It is important to rule out parasites as a potential cause before considering other diagnoses.
- Monitoring Treatment Effectiveness: If you have been diagnosed with a parasitic infection, an O&P test may be performed before and after treatment to ensure that the infection has been successfully cleared. Follow-up testing helps verify the effectiveness of the prescribed treatment and ensures that you are no longer infected.
- Occupational or Environmental Exposure: Certain occupations or activities may put individuals at higher risk of contracting parasitic infections. For example, individuals working in healthcare, daycare centers, or in close contact with animals may have an increased risk. An O&P test can be part of routine screening for individuals in high-risk occupations or those with potential exposure.
© 2023 HealthLabs.com All rights reserved.
Made with by the people at Analyte Health