Peanut Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Peanut Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE allergy test uses a blood sample to look for antibodies specific to peanut allergies.
Peanut allergies are thought of as one of the most severe food allergies due to it being one of the most common allergies and its potential for causing severe or even life-threatening reactions.
Since peanuts are a type of legume (not a tree nut), it is possible for someone to be allergic to other legumes, such as lentils, peas, and kidney beans, if they find they are allergic to peanuts.
There is no treatment for an allergy to peanuts. Those allergic to peanuts usually have to avoid peanuts entirely. However, precautions should be taken and you should always be prepared to take action when a reaction occurs since peanuts are incredibly common so an allergic encounter is likely to happen at some point. Many people with allergies carry an epinephrine autoinjector, which injects a single dose of medication when pressed against the thigh.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction to peanuts can be:
- Runny nose
- Tightening of the throat
- Tingling in the mouth
- Digestive issues or abdominal pain
- Drop in blood pressure
- Shortness of breath, wheezing, or asthma
- Cardiac arrest
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days
Looking for a panel that encompasses more allergy testing?
Try our Basic Food Allergy Test Panel