Potato Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Potato Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE antibody allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to white potatoes.
Potatoes are a part of the nightshade family. If someone is allergic to potatoes, they may be allergic to other plants in the family, such as tomatoes, eggplant, okra, cayenne, and more.
While potato allergies are uncommon, they do and can affect people of all ages. A potato allergy occurs when the immune system identifies the potato proteins as harmful and proceeds to create a reaction similar to the one created when attacking bacteria or viruses. The antibodies that are released to “fight” the “dangerous” potato proteins are exactly what this test is looking for to determine a potato allergy.
Symptoms of a potato allergy include:
- Itchy or stinging eyes
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Itchy skin with rashes
- Sore or scratchy throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Bloating and cramps
A severe reaction to potato allergies can result in anaphylaxis. These symptoms can occur and get worse quickly, so it is important to know the signs as the condition can be life-threatening if untreated.
Symptoms of anaphylaxis are:
- Hoarse voice
- Passing out
- Trouble swallowing
- Chest tightness
- Stomach cramping
- Swelling of the throat or other areas of the body
- Pale or red color to the face and body
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days