Sesame Seed Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Sesame Seed Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE antibody allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to sesame seeds.
The growing number of products containing sesame may be part of the reason more and more people are finding they are allergic to sesame seeds. It is considered a healthy food source when used as cooking oil, and can be used in various dishes, salad dressing, and is a staple in many international cuisines.
Negative reactions to sesame seeds can be really serious and cause anaphylaxis, a severe life-threatening allergic reaction. Severe reactions usually occur right after eating the food, but for some, it can happen up to one hour later. Milder reactions are more common.
Keep in mind that if an individual is allergic to sesame, they may be allergic to other seeds and nuts.
Common minor symptoms of an allergic reaction to sesame seeds are:
- Hives or rashes on the skin
- Abdominal pain
Symptoms of anaphylactic shock to sesame seeds can be:
- Swelling of the throat
- Difficulty breathing
- Low pulse rate
- Feeling faint or dizzy
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days