Swine Epithelium Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Swine Epithelium Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE antibody allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to swine epithelium (tissue).
Swine, also known as pigs, boars, or hogs, are widely used for their meat and fat (lard). Commonly seen in dishes such as ham, bacon, and pork, they can also be converted into leather for various goods. Since they are domesticated animals, pigs as pets have been growing in popularity.
This epithelium allergy test will look for antibodies reacting to epithelial tissue, such as the tissue forming the outer layer, or skin, of the swine. Epithelium also lines the exterior surfaces of organs and blood vessels throughout the body.
Those that work in pig farming incur risks of developing an allergy to swine, sometimes causing what is known as “Swine Breeder’s Lung.”
Symptoms of an allergic reaction to swine epithelium include:
- Inflammation of the skin / skin rash
- Nausea, vomiting, and/or stomach cramps
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Red, itchy, watery eyes
- Wheezing and/or difficulty breathing
- Anaphylaxis (rare)
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days