Tapeworm (Echinococcus) IgG Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Tapeworm (Echinococcus) IgG Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgG blood allergy test will determine if Echinococcus parasites, also known as tapeworms, are present by detecting antibodies to them.
Four species of Echinococcus are generally known as parasites of man:
- Echinococcus granulosus - Causing Cystic Hydatid disease
- Echinococcus multilocularis - Causing Alveolar Hydatid disease
- Echinococcus vogeli - Causing Cystic or Polycystic Hydatid disease
- Echinococcus oligarthus - Causing Cystic or Polycystic Hydatid disease
Echinococcus is a genus of parasitic tapeworm whose larvae infect mammals. The parasites can form large, spherical cysts or lesions that cause serious or even fatal disease. Species of this tapeworm are found throughout the world, even in arctic regions. The classic transmitters are dogs and other animals.