Black Tea Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Black Tea Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE antibody allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to black tea.
Allergens for this IgE testing are extracted from ordinary fermented Black tea from Ceylon or a blend of several black teas derived from various locales, including India, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Malawi, and China. Oolong tea is not included.
Allergies to tea are considered rare but do happen. In those cases, it is likely due to the tannins found in tea. These are groups of complex organic chemicals. They are oxidized during the curing process in tea, which is where black teas get their rich, full-bodied flavors.
Allergic reactions happen when your body feels that something it has come into contact with is “bad.” The body will then fire up systems to protect itself, even though the product is really not bad for it. Most bodies are rarely “wrong” to think something is bad for it, but it is common for some to overreact to natural compounds that most other people can ingest just fine.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction to black tea can include:
- Hives or itchy red skin
- Eye irritation and tearing
- Runny nose
- Difficulty breathing
- Upset stomach
- Tingling in the mouth
- Swelling of the throat or asthma
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days