Order Your Test
Online or by phone, no doctors referral required
Visit A Local Lab
Get tested locally at one of our 4,500+ labs
Get Your Results
Receive your lab results within 1-3 business days!
Ulcerative Colitis (UC) Test
- Secure and Confidential Results
- Over 4,500 CLIA-Certified Labs U.S. Labs
- Most Results in 1-3 Days
- 110% Price Guarantee
About Our Ulcerative Colitis (UC) Test
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic disease of the large intestine, or colon, in which the lining of the colon becomes inflamed and develops tiny open sores, or ulcers. Here are some reasons why you might consider getting tested for ulcerative colitis:
- Persistent Symptoms: If you're experiencing persistent symptoms such as diarrhea (often with blood or pus), abdominal pain and cramping, rectal pain, urgency to defecate, inability to defecate despite urgency, weight loss, fatigue, or fever, these could be signs of ulcerative colitis. Getting a test can help to identify the cause and get appropriate treatment.
- Family History: Ulcerative colitis has a genetic component. If a close family member has been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, your risk of developing the condition is higher.
- Management of Existing Condition: If you've already been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, regular testing can be important for monitoring the disease's progression, the effectiveness of treatment, and the presence of any complications.
- Prevent Serious Complications: If left undiagnosed or untreated, ulcerative colitis can lead to severe complications, including colon cancer, perforated colon, severe dehydration, liver disease, osteoporosis, inflammation of the skin, joints, and eyes, and an increased risk of blood clots in veins and arteries. Regular testing can help to catch these issues early.
- Quality of Life: Living with the symptoms of undiagnosed or untreated ulcerative colitis can significantly decrease your quality of life. Proper diagnosis and treatment can help manage symptoms and improve your overall wellbeing.
© 2024 HealthLabs.com All rights reserved.
Made with by the people at Analyte Health