Uric Acid Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Uric Acid Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This blood test measures uric acid levels. Uric acid measurements are useful in the diagnosis and treatment of gout, renal failure, and a variety of other disorders including psoriasis, starvation, and other wasting conditions. Uric acid is a chemical compound that is created when the body breaks down purine compounds.
Purines and uric acid are found in some high-protein foods and some drinks:
- Organ meats; Liver, Kidney
- Anchovies, Sardines, Mackerel, Herring
- Dried beans/peas
Most uric acid dissolves in blood and travels to the kidneys to be filtered into the urine. If your body produces too much uric acid and/or doesn't remove enough if it, you can become ill. Hyperuricemia is a condition in which there is a high level of uric acid in the blood.