Whey Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Whey Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE antibody allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to whey.
Whey is one of the two main proteins found in milk. It is found in the liquid part of milk that remains after it curdles.
If found allergic, the only way to prevent a reaction is by avoiding milk and whey proteins. Some people find that there are some foods with whey in it but they can still enjoy due to the form of milk it has. For example milk in baked brownies, some people can still digest it and not have any problems. Others may still have an uncomfortable reaction.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction to whey may include:
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes
- Colic, in babies
- Coughing or shortness of breath
- Abdominal cramps
- Loose stools or diarrhea
- Swelling of the lips, tongue, or throat
- Itching or tingling feeling around the lips or mouth
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days