Brussels Sprouts Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Brussels Sprouts Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to Brussels sprouts.
The Brussels sprout plant belong to the cabbage family and range in color from light green to deep grayish-green, and with round to heart-shaped leaves. The sprouts are modified leaves forming “heads" that look like tiny cabbages. Many rows of sprouts grow on a single long stalk.
Brussels sprouts are available canned, frozen or fresh, and are most often boiled or steamed and served as a side dish. They are high in vitamins A and C, and are a fairly good source of iron.
Despite the immense benefits Brussels sprouts offer, some people can have adverse reactions to the vegetable. The immune system can mistakenly identify Brussels sprouts as dangerous and, in turn, create immunoglobulin E antibodies (IgE) in an attempt to protect itself from this “dangerous” food. The test will look to identify these antibodies in order to determine if an individual is allergic to Brussels sprouts or not.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction Brussels sprouts may include:
- Skin rash
- Stomach pain
- Runny nose
- Difficulty breathing
- Major drop in blood pressure
- Anaphylaxis (rare but life-threatening allergic reaction)
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days