Cabbage Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Cabbage Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE antibody allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to cabbage.
Cabbage is a good source of antioxidants and vitamins C, A, B-1, and B-2. The leaves are often used as a cooked vegetable in soups and stews, but can also be left uncooked and shredded in salads and coleslaw. The leaves are also sometimes fermented and made into sauerkraut.
Allergic reactions to cabbage are rare, although possible. If the immune system mistakes cabbage for a “dangerous” protein, within a few minutes to an hour of coming into contact with cabbage it will begin producing IgE antibodies. These antibodies are made to protect the body but the symptoms of this reaction can be mild to life-threatening. Immediate medical attention is needed if you suspect the symptoms are that of anaphylaxis, a life-threatening allergic reaction.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction to cabbage may include:
- Itching of the mouth, tongue, lips, and face
- Redness or rash
- Abdominal pain
- Tightening of the chest
- Difficulty breathing
- Anaphylaxis (rare)
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 days