Formaldehyde/Formalin Allergy Test
Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
2,000+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
Outstanding customer service
110% price guarantee
Results in 1-3 days
About Our Formaldehyde/Formalin Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE blood allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to Formaldehyde (Formalin).
Formaldehyde is used in many industries and is considered an occupational allergy. Formaldehyde uses include: Disinfecting, added preservative in vaccinations, readying tissues for pathological studies and it is used commonly as an embalming agent.
Formaldehyde can be found unexpectedly in the following:
- Certain fabrics treated with formaldehyde resins:
- Permanent press
- Anti-cling, anti-static, anti-wrinkle and anti-shrink finishes
- Chlorine-resistant finishes
- Stiffening on lightweight nylon knits
- Waterproof finishes
- Perspiration proof finishes
- Moth proof and mildew resistant finishes
- Suede and chamois
- Cosmetics and toiletries
- Household cleansers, disinfectants and polishes
- Paper products
- Building materials — urea-formaldehyde glue or adhesive is used in pressed wood products such as particle board and plywood
- Medications including wart remedies, anhidrotics, medicated creams, orthopaedic casts and root canal preparation disinfectant
- Paints, primers and paint-stripping agents
- Embalming fluid and as a preservative for laboratory specimens
- Formaldehyde is released in the smoke from burning wood, coal, charcoal, cigarettes, natural gas and kerosene
Traditional allergy tests utilize the Skin Prick method (also known as a Puncture or Scratch test) to determine whether an allergic reaction will occur by inserting possible triggers into your skin using a needle prick. If you are allergic to the substance, you are forced to suffer through your body's reaction to the allergen. HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- No painful skin pricks
- No fasting necessary
- Accurate results within 1 to 2 days
Our quick blood test allows us to use your blood sample to test for allergic reactions externally, rather than causing unnecessary and painful reactions by introducing potential allergens to your system. Tests are administered in approximately 10 minutes or less at any of our 2,000+ nationwide locations. No appointments, no paperwork and no waiting are all part of what makes HealthLabs.com the best option for pain-free and hassle-free allergy testing.