Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH) & Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
2,000+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
Outstanding customer service
110% price guarantee
Results in 1-3 days
About Our Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH) & Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
Our Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and Luteinizing Hormone (LH) test measure levels of these two hormones in the blood.
Follicle stimulating hormone is a hormone released by the pituitary gland that helps control the menstrual cycle and the production of eggs in women, and the production of sperm in men. Abnormal levels of FSH can cause infertility or issues with puberty in both men and women. An overabundance or insufficiency of follicle-stimulating hormone can also cause abnormal menstrual cycles.
This FSH blood test is often used to evaluate:
- Early or delayed puberty
- Ovarian cysts/Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Abnormal vaginal/menstrual bleeding
- Infertility (in both men and women)
- Men with underdeveloped testicles, or no testicles
- Conditions that affect the hypothalamus
- Conditions that affect the pituitary gland
Luteinizing hormone is a hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland, it helps regulate the menstrual cycle in women, and the production of testosterone in men.
High LH levels in women are found in:
- Women of childbearing age who are not ovulating
- Menopausal and postmenopausal women
- Women with Turner syndrome
- Ovarian hypofunction
High LH levels in men may be a sign of:
- Anorchia (testes that are not functioning or are absent)
- Genetic problems like Klinefelter syndrome
- Overactive endocrine glands or tumor formation