Standard Plus Female Wellness Panel
- Secure and Confidential Results
- Over 4,500 CLIA-Certified Labs U.S. Labs
- Most Results in 1-3 Days
- 110% Price Guarantee
About Our Standard Plus Female Wellness Panel
Fasting is required for this lab test. You should not consume food or beverages other than water for at least 8 hours prior to visiting the lab. If you choose not to fast, it may affect your results.
The Standard Plus Female Wellness Panel is a comprehensive test that evaluates the female patients’ overall health. This test can also assist doctors in evaluating possible causes of complications in reproductive health.
What Does This Panel Include?
The Standard Plus Female Wellness Panel includes all of the tests from the Standard Female Wellness Panel, plus the following:
- Total Estrogen Test: Measures the amount of three types of estrogen in the blood: Estrone (E1), estradiol (E2), and estriol (E3).
- Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH) Test: Measures the amount of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) in the blood to help doctors diagnose certain conditions that affect the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, and conditions that affect fertility.
- Vitamin D 25-Hydroxy (Calcidiol) Test: Measures the amount of vitamin D 25-hydroxy in the blood to identify vitamin D deficiency and therefore the possible cause of osteoporosis.
What Is the Difference Between the Standard Plus and the Standard Female Wellness Panel?
The Standard Plus Female Wellness Panel, in addition to evaluating overall health, provides information regarding estrogen levels and FSH levels. These hormones, when too high or too low, can lead to the onset of certain conditions or problems, like polycystic ovary syndrome, abnormal menstrual bleeding, and infertility.
This test also evaluates levels of calcidiol to check for vitamin D deficiency, a common occurrence of aging that can lead to osteoporosis.
The Standard Female Wellness Panel analyzes overall female health and is a great option for young adult women who do not have signs or symptoms of a hormone imbalance.
Why Is It Important for Women to Take this Panel?
Imbalances in certain hormones, like estrogen and FSH, can lead to problems with puberty, fertility, and even menopause. If your doctor believes that you may have a hormone imbalance related to reproductive health, he/she may want to check your overall health in addition to certain hormone levels that may be contributing to your symptoms.
Adult women who have already gone through menopause or who are starting menopause may want to keep an eye on their vitamin D levels, more specifically calcidiol. When calcidiol levels start to drop, women are at a higher risk of developing osteoporosis.
Older Women and Menopause
The Standard Plus Female Wellness Panel may have the greatest benefit for women who are between the ages of 40 and 60 (when menopause typically starts) and adolescent and adult women with symptoms of estrogen or FSH imbalance, like abnormal menstrual bleeding and infertility.
This test may help women and their doctors diagnose menopause or a hormone imbalance that may be contributing to complications in reproductive health.
How to Prepare for This Testing Panel
A blood sample and a urine sample are required for the Standard Plus Female Wellness Panel. Patients should refrain from eating and drinking for 9 to 12 hours before testing—water is allowed. Since the Standard Plus Female Wellness Panel includes a Thyroid Profile and a Total Estrogen Test, patients should refrain from taking biotin (vitamin B7) supplements or vitamins containing biotin at least 48 hours before testing. These supplements can interact with certain tests (like hormone tests and certain vitamin deficiency tests) and can cause false results.
To complete the Standard Plus Female Wellness Panel, simply place your order online, use our lab locator to find the lab closest to you, and visit at your convenience with your lab requisition form. You do not need an appointment to visit the lab—walk-ins are welcome. The results of your Standard Plus Female Wellness Panel Panel will arrive in your HealthLabs.com account within one to three business days.
- “What Is an Estrogen Test?” WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/women/guide/estrogen-test#1
- “25-Hydroxy Vitamin D Test.” HealthLine. https://www.healthline.com/health/25-hydroxy-vitamin-d-test
- Veldurthy, V., Wei, R., Oz, L. et al. Vitamin D, Calcium Homeostasis and Aging. Bone Research. 4, 16041 (2016). https://www.nature.com/articles/boneres201641#citeas
- “Menopause Tests and Diagnosis.” Healthline https://www.healthline.com/health/menopause/tests-diagnosis
- “What Is a FSH Test?” WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/women/fsh-test#1
- “The FDA Warns that Biotin May Interfere with Lab Tests: FDA Safety Communication.” US Food and Drug Administration. https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/fda-warns-biotin-may-interfere-lab-tests-fda-safety-communication
- Biotin and Labs. TRC Healthcare. https://www.ospdocs.com/resources/uploads/files/Biotin%20and%20Labs.pdf