Onion Allergy Test
- Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
- 4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
- Most Results in 1-3 days
- 110% price guarantee
About Our Onion Allergy Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This IgE antibody allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic to onion.
Onions belong to the allium plant genus, along with garlic, leeks, chives, and more.
An onion allergy can be spurred when the immune system starts incorrectly thinking that a protein in it is dangerous for the body, and so it releases antibodies in effort to "protect" itself.
Some may have a negative reaction from touching, smelling, or eating raw onions, while others can be affected by both raw and cooked onions.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction to onions are:
- Stomach pain
- Hives or rashes
- Nasal congestion
- Difficulty breathing
- Nausea and vomiting
- Tingling or itching in the mouth
- Feeling dizzy or lightheaded
- Swelling of the lips, face, tongue, or throat
HealthLabs.com offers an easier, virtually pain-free blood test to determine the allergen status of substances without the irritation of traditional skin prick tests.
- Tests are administered at any of our 4,500+ nationwide locations
- Typical time to administer the test is 10-15 minutes
- Accurate results within 1 to 3 day