Random Microalbumin, Urine
- Secure and Confidential Results
- Over 4,500 CLIA-Certified Labs U.S. Labs
- Most Results in 1-3 Days
- 110% Price Guarantee
About Our Random Microalbumin, Urine
Albumin is a blood protein, and this test is used to determine early signs of kidney damage in individuals at risk of developing kidney disease. This urine test is used to measure very small (micro) levels of albumin in the urine.
Healthy kidneys filter waste and toxins from the blood and hang on to the healthy components, including proteins such as albumin. Kidney damage can cause proteins to leak through the kidneys and exit the body via urine. Albumin is one of the first proteins to leak when the kidneys become damaged.
Individuals commonly at risk for kidney disease include:
- Those with Type 1 Diabetes
- Those with Type 2 Diabetes
- Those with high blood pressure (hypertension)