Syphilis, T Pallidum Test
Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
Outstanding customer service
110% price guarantee
Results in 1-3 days
About Our Syphilis, T Pallidum Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
Syphilis is a common bacterial sexually transmitted disease (STD) that is curable. Syphilis is caused by the T. Pallidum (Treponema Pallidum) bacteria, and this blood test looks specifically for Treponema antibodies.
The recommended minimum window period for syphilis is:
- Syphilis - 3-6 weeks post potential exposure.
This blood test is a Treponema-specific test and may yield a positive result during all stages of syphilis. It may test positive with other treponemal infections other than syphilis, like bejel, pinta, and yaws.
Symptoms of syphilis usually occur in stages. Stage 1 and 2 heal on there own after time, but if left untreated stage 3 can be deadly:
- One or more sores/painless ulcers on genitals or in/around mouth
- A "copper penny" rash on the soles of the feet and the palms of the hands
- Warts in the groin
- Patches in the mouth that are white
- Severe heart, brain and nerve problems that may lead to paralysis, dementia, blindness, impotence, deafness and/or death