Syphilis, RPR Test
Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
Outstanding customer service
110% price guarantee
Results in 1-3 days
About Our Syphilis, RPR Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
Syphilis is a common bacterial sexually transmitted disease (STD) that is curable. This rapid plasma reagin (RPR) blood test checks antibodies against substances released by cells damaged by syphilis bacteria, rather than antibodies to the actual bacteria.
The recommended minimum window period for this syphilis test method is:
- Syphilis - 3-6 weeks post potential exposure.
Symptoms of syphilis usually occur in stages. Stage 1 and 2 heal on there own after time, but if left untreated stage 3 can be deadly:
- One or more sores/painless ulcers on genitals or in/around mouth
- A "copper penny" rash on the soles of the feet and the palms of the hands
- Warts in the groin
- Patches in the mouth that are white
- Severe heart, brain and nerve problems that may lead to paralysis, dementia, blindness, impotence, deafness and/or death