Vitamin E Test
Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
Outstanding customer service
110% price guarantee
Results in 1-3 days
About Our Vitamin E Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
Vitamin E is a fat-soluable vitamin and antioxidant that has a wide spectrum of health uses. This blood test is used to determine vitamin E levels. Vitamin E is considered an antioxidant.
This blood test is used to evaluate vitamin E deficiency in neuromuscular disease in individuals with chronic cholestasis; evaluate patients on long-term parenteral nutrition; patients with malignancy or malabsorption (e.g., patients with cystic fibrosis, cases of intestinal bypass surgery); to investigate brown-bowel syndrome or those with gastrointestinal disorders like celiac disease.
Deficient vitamin E levels can lead to:
- Hemolytic anemia
- A broad range of neurologic deficits including loss of proprioception and vibratory sensation
- Impaired immune system response
Vitamin E deficiency can be more prevalent in people who:
- Are premature infants and children with biliary atresia or cystic fibrosis
- Are gastrointestinal surgery patients
- Have fat malabsorption or fat metabolism disorders
- Have digestive disorders like celiac disease or Crohn's disease
Major sources of vitamin E include:
- Vegetable/plant oils