Gonorrhea, Urine Test
Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
Outstanding customer service
110% price guarantee
Results in 1-3 days
About Our Gonorrhea, Urine Test
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
Gonorrhea is a common sexually transmitted disease (STD) that is caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae. This contagious infection is also known as the "clap" or "drip" and is spread by contact with infected bodily fluids. Mothers can pass the infection on to their babies during childbirth.
The recommended minimum window period for this test method for gonorrhea is:
- Gonorrhea Test - 2-6 days post potential exposure.
Untreated gonorrhea can lead to ectopic pregnancy or pelvic inflammatory disease in women which can cause infertility. In men, gonorrhea can cause ureathral scarring and epididymitis, a painful testicular condition that can affect fertility. If gonorrhea spreads to the joints or blood, it can be deadly.
Gonorrhea and chlamydia, another common sexually transmitted disease, often occur together, so you may be tested and treated for both.
Sometimes mild symptoms go unnoticed, but symptoms of gonorrhea include:
- Greenish yellow or white vaginal discharge
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Burning during urination
- Lower abdominal pain/pelvic pain
- Swelling of the vulva
- Bleeding between periods or spotting after intercourse
- Burning in the throat (from oral sex)
- Painful or swollen testicles
- Swollen glands in the throat (from oral sex)