Chlamydia and Gonorrhea Test Panel
Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
2,000+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
Outstanding customer service
110% price guarantee
Results in 1-2 days
About Our Chlamydia and Gonorrhea Test Panel
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
Gonorrhea and chlamydia, are common sexually transmitted diseases that often occur together, so you may wish to be tested (and potentially treated) for both.
Chlamydia is a common bacterial STD that is caused by the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is often asymptomatic-- as many as 75% of women and 50% of men do not have symptoms, which is part of why it is so easily spread. Mothers can pass the infection on to their babies during childbirth, which can cause eye infections, blindness or pneumonia to the baby.
Untreated chlamydia can lead to ectopic pregnancy or pelvic inflammatory disease in women which can cause infertility. In men, untreated chlamydia can cause an cause a condition called nongonococcal urethritis (NGU) in the epididymis, ureathra or rectum.
Symptoms of chlamydia include:
- Painful urination
- Itching and burning in/around vagina or penis
- Bleeding between periods/painful periods
- Women may experience pain during intercourse
- Small amounts of clear/cloudy discharge from penis
- Abnormal vaginal discharge (may have odor)
- Premature childbirth
Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that is caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae. This contagious disease is also known as the "clap" or "drip" and is spread by contact with infected bodily fluids. Mothers can pass the infection on to their babies during childbirth.
Untreated gonorrhea can lead to ectopic pregnancy or pelvic inflammatory disease in women which can cause infertility. In men, untreated gonorrhea can cause urethral scarring and epididymitis, a painful testicular condition that can affect fertility. If gonorrhea spreads to the joints or blood, it can be deadly.
Sometimes mild symptoms go unnoticed, but symptoms of gonorrhea include:
- Greenish yellow or white vaginal discharge
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Burning during urination
- Lower abdominal pain/pelvic pain
- Swelling of the vulva
- Bleeding between periods or spotting after intercourse
- Burning in the throat (from oral sex)
- Painful or swollen testicles
- Swollen glands in the throat (from oral sex)