Hepatitis A Antibody Titer Test, IgM
Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
2,000+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
Outstanding customer service
110% price guarantee
Results in 1-3 days
About Our Hepatitis A Antibody Titer Test, IgM
Note: Fasting is not required for this test.
This blood titer test is used to detect the presence of IgM antibodies for the hepatitis A virus, a good indicator of acute hepatitis A.
Hepatitis A is considered a sexually transmitted disease (STD), but can also be transmitted by close contact with an infected individual or contaminated food. Hepatitis A is a very contagious infection that affects the liver that is preventable by a vaccine.
This test is used for differential diagnosis of hepatitis and searches for the presence of IgM antibodies to the hepatitis A virus.
Symptoms of hepatitis A include:
- Stomach pain/Discomfort
- Low fever
- Joint pain
- Jaundice and dark urine
- Loss of appetite
- Clay-colored stool
People at risk for hepatitis A:
- Live with or are caregivers to someone with hepatitis A
- Have eaten contaminated food or drank contaminated water
- Travel to areas of low/poor sanitation, especially Mexico and South & Central Asia
- Share needle/drug equipment
- Have had sexual contact with someone who has the virus
- Eat food handled by someone with the virus who doesn't thoroughly wash his or her hands after using the toilet