Order Your Test
Online or by phone, no doctors referral required
Visit A Local Lab
Get tested locally at one of our 4,500+ labs
Get Your Results
Receive your lab results within 1-3 business days!
Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Antibody Test
- Secure and Confidential Results
- Over 4,500 CLIA-Certified Labs U.S. Labs
- Most Results in 1-3 Days
- 110% Price Guarantee
About Our Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Antibody Test
This blood test is used to detect the presence of hepatitis C antibodies, to determine whether or not an individual may have been exposed to Hepatitis C.
Hepatitis C is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that mainly affects the liver. Hepatitis C (HCV) is spread by contact with blood or bodily fluids from a person infected with the virus. There is not currently a vaccine/immunization for Hepatitis C.
Often there are no or few symptoms that arise with hepatitis C.
Symptoms that may occur with hepatitis C are:
- Jaundice (yellowing of the eyes, skin and darkening of urine)
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
Those at risk of getting hepatitis C are:
- Drug users who share needles/equipment
- Persons with HIV
- Babies who are born to mothers with hepatitis C
- Individuals who received blood/organs from donors before July of 1992
- Individuals born between 1945-1965
Avoid infection by:
- Not sharing needles/drug equipment
- Using condoms during sex
- Being cautious when getting tattoos or body piercings (be sure equipment has no one else's blood on it)
- Not sharing razors/razor blades
Check out our other STD Tests
Go back to see all our STD tests or here are some common ones:
- Comprehensive STD Panel
- Ultimate STD Test Panel
- HIV 4th Generation Duo Antigen/Antibody Test
- HIV RNA Test
- Syphilis, RPR Test
- Trichomoniasis Test
© 2023 HealthLabs.com All rights reserved.
Made with by the people at Analyte Health