Order Your Test
Online or by phone, no doctors referral required
Visit A Local Lab
Get tested locally at one of our 4,500+ labs
Get Your Results
Receive your lab results within 1-3 business days!
Anemia Panel - Basic
- Secure and Confidential Results
- Over 4,500 CLIA-Certified Labs U.S. Labs
- Most Results in 1-3 Days
- 110% Price Guarantee
About Our Anemia Panel - Basic
When the blood lacks enough healthy red blood cells or hemoglobin, a condition called anemia develops. Hemoglobin is a component of blood that binds to oxygen. With too low red blood cells and/or hemoglobin, your body's cells do not get enough oxygen.
There are more than 400 types of anemia, all of which are classified into the following three categories:
- Anemia caused by blood loss
- Anemia caused by decreased or faulty red blood cell production
- Anemia caused by destruction of red blood cells
This blood test panel is used to detect and identify a wide range of hematologic disorders.
The Basic Anemia Panel includes the following tests:
- Hematocrit - The amount of red blood cells in the blood.
- Hemoglobin - A protein that transports oxygen or carbon dioxide in the blood.
- Mean corpuscular volume (MCV) - Measures the average volume of red blood cells in the blood.
- Mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH) - The amount of hemoglobin per red blood cell.
- Mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC) - The amount of hemoglobin concentrated in a given volume of red blood cells.
- Red cell distribution width (RDW) - Measures the difference of red blood cell size or volume in blood sample.
- Percentage and absolute differential counts - Measures the amounts of different white blood cell types within the blood.
- Platelet count (RBC) - Measures the amount of platelets (fragments and particles of cells) in the blood that are crucial for blood clotting.
- White blood cell count (WBC) - Measures the amounts of different white blood cell types within the blood.
- Iron - The iron blood test measures the amount of iron in the blood. Iron is a mineral that is needed by your body for the production of hemoglobin, energy, and maintaining proper muscle and organ function.
- Total iron-binding capacity (TIBC) - Is used to differentiate between anemia types and gives more iron statistics than the Iron test alone.
© 2023 HealthLabs.com All rights reserved.
Made with by the people at Analyte Health