Basic Health Panel (CMP+UA+LP)
- Secure and Confidential Results
- Over 4,500 CLIA-Certified Labs U.S. Labs
- Most Results in 1-3 Days
- 110% Price Guarantee
About Our Basic Health Panel (CMP+UA+LP)
Fasting is required for this lab test. You should not consume food or beverages other than water for at least 8 hours prior to visiting the lab. If you choose not to fast, it may affect your results.
A Basic Health Panel is a test that helps evaluate how well certain organs and bodily systems, like the cardiovascular system, are working. The results from the Basic Health Panel allow healthcare providers to identify potential concerns that could negatively impact your health in the future. For example, high cholesterol could indicate a risk of developing cardiovascular disease in the future.
What Does the Basic Health Panel Include?
The Basic Health Panel includes the following tests:
- Lipid and Cholesterol Panel: Measures cholesterol levels to assess cardiovascular health and identify one’s risk for developing cardiovascular disease.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP): Measures 14 different substances (proteins, enzymes, electrolytes, etc.) to assess the body’s overall health by looking at metabolism (how the body breaks down and uses food and liquids to provide energy for cells).
- Routine Urinalysis: Identifies signs of various illnesses and conditions, including urinary tract infections (UTIs), kidney disease, and diabetes. If any positive results are found from the urinalysis, lab technicians will perform additional analysis under a microscope.
What’s the Difference Between the Comprehensive and Basic Health Panel?
The Basic Health Panel consists of three test panels that assess the health of the:
The Comprehensive Health Panel includes all of the tests offered in the Basic Health Panel in addition to testing for thyroid and circulatory system health. To learn more about the Comprehensive Health Panel, click here.
Why Is It Important for Men and Women to Get a Basic Health Panel?
A Basic Health Panel is an important test for any man or woman who wants to monitor their overall health. It helps patients and their doctors understand what steps to take to improve their health, if necessary. For example, if the results show high levels of proteins, this may indicate the beginning of liver disease. Healthcare providers can instruct their patients to change certain lifestyle habits or they can prescribe early treatment in the hopes of reducing the risk of developing liver disease.
Who Should Consider a Basic Health Panel?
The Basic Health Panel is for any individual who wishes to monitor their overall health status. A Basic Health Panel is recommended as an annual test so that patients and their doctors can keep an eye on trends and changes in the body that may indicate an increased risk of developing certain illnesses or disorders.
How to Prepare for This Test
The Basic Health Panel requires a blood draw from the arm and a urine sample. Patients must stop eating and drinking at least 12 hours before testing—water is allowed. If you’re currently taking medication, and your doctor has instructed you to take your medications with food, consult with your doctor before fasting.
To complete this test, place your order on our website and use our lab locator to find a location that is most convenient for you. When you’re ready, simply stop by the lab—you do not need an appointment—and show your lab requisition form. The results of your Basic Health Panel Test will arrive at your HealthLabs.com account in one to three business days.
1. “LDL and HDL Cholesterol: ‘Bad’ and ‘Good’ Cholesterol.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/cholesterol/ldl_hdl.htm 2. “Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP).“ MedlinePlus. https://medlineplus.gov/lab-tests/comprehensive-metabolic-panel-cmp/