Lipid/Cholesterol Test Panel Popular
Direct-to-consumer lab testing; No doctor referral or insurance necessary
4,500+ conveniently located CLIA-certified U.S. labs
Comprehensive and easy-to-use website
Outstanding customer service
110% price guarantee
Results in 1-3 days
About Our Lipid/Cholesterol Test Panel
The Lipid Panel is a blood test that is used to measure overall cholesterol levels and triglycerides. Lipids are various forms of fat in the body and include cholesterol types. Higher levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL, also known as "bad cholesterol") are associated with increased risk of heart attack and stroke.
LDL helps cause atherosclerosis, a hardening of the veins that leads to plaque build-up and heart attacks.
This blood test panel measures levels of:
- Total Cholesterol: The total amount of cholesterol in your blood.
- HDL - "Good Cholesterol": High-Density Lipoprotein cholesterol, this type of cholesterol helps to remove LDL from your blood.
- LDL - "Bad Cholesterol": Low-Density Lipoprotein cholesterol is known as bad cholesterol because it can lead to a hardening and clogging of your arteries.
- Triglycerides: Unused calories are stored by the body as triglycerides in fat (lipid) cells.
Why Test Your Cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a waxy, fatty substance found in your cells. Your body needs some cholesterol to help produce vitamin D and hormones, but too much cholesterol can clog your arteries (a condition known as atherosclerosis) and can lead to stroke or heart disease.
Regular cholesterol testing helps make sure your HDL (good cholesterol) and LDL (bad cholesterol) are at the proper levels.
Individuals Who May Be At Risk for High Cholesterol:
- Individuals with a family history of high cholesterol or heart disease
- Overweight or obese individuals
- Individuals with an underactive thyroid
- People with kidney disease
- Individuals who drink often
Patients should fast 9-12 hours prior to collection for the Lipid Test Panel.